So I eventually got on a ferry from Wellington to the South Island of New Zealand. The south island is known to be colder so I was not thrilled to go there but I heard that it was really stunning and well yes it is! So I began on the South Island in a little coastal town of Picton staying at the Jugglers Rest, which is a great hostel that has fire dancing at night....so me isn't it. So I picked up a new poi move and had a great time there. I stayed for 4 days I think and met some really great people. If I had a hostel the Jugglers Rest is similar to how I would like to have it. It is spacious without bunks, the beds are comfy and the common areas are well constructed... And there are hammocks, a garden, poi, and well loads of chill vibes. Anyway I also met some key people in my travels there.
Fire Poi Boy Shawn:
First I met Shawn, a sweet guy from Canada who was really a joy to be around plus he showed me the backwards weave on poi so thanks Shawn! He was really encouraging and I got the chance to dance with poi myself which is always sweet. Thanks Nikki for having the Jugglers Rest.
A hipper Road Tripper
And I met my future travel buddy Nitzan, who was so great to hit the road with in Bimba our little shoe of a car. You will hear more about our travels later.
Horrible Horse Trek
I met many folks but I also wanted to mention Masumi who showed me the bruises on her leg that further lead me to try to get her money reimbursed by a horse treking company (the saddle was not secure and she fell off the horse, the horse then fell on her, stepping on her leg and hitting her neck with it's head...she still paid for the trek and instead of them taking her to a doctor, or even calling one, they told her to have a drink....wild, anyway I am still trying to get her money back for her, I think they took advantage of the fact that she does not speak English fluently and anyway they really mishandled the situation...so I am on the case) So Picton was great and I plan to head back to the area next week because well, it was just so beautiful.
No comments:
Post a Comment