Saturday, April 11, 2009

Adventures in Bimba











So our little car took us to Nelson lakes and then the beach. And those one lane bridges winding around a mountain, wow, that is freaky. So we had a great time listening to music, hearing Lachlan belt out some tunes and stopping along the side for those scenic photos. It was a nice change to be in a car and have a bit more freedom. And Nitzan really rocked the driving!!! I was the entertainment coordinator like Julie on Loveboat:) Anyway the glacier was beautiful but I chose not to walk on it, I just gazed at it and tried to ignore sandflies biting me. Lachlan went ice picking on the glacier and had a great time. he is a professional Cricket player...never met one of those before. Anyway we stayed at Franz josef for a few nights and then Lachlan dove with a girl that was riding alone to keep her company, which is the kind of fella he is. Anyway we caught up with both of them in Wanaka. And I figured out that the German girl he rode with was the bartender that I got a drink from while in New Plymouth, I recognized her because she was the only person in the restaurant that was actually really friendly to me. So it was just me and Nitzan hitting the road. And we had a good time chatting about men, war, politics, Obama, peace, music, movies, media....She is a very interesting person, she is an Israeli attorney living in Australia, oh and she happens to be an amazing chef.

No comments:

Post a Comment