Sunday, February 1, 2009
sailing with keith and beth
Yesterday was simply delightful. I was picked up from the hostel by a lovely couple who I will be wwoofing for. But instead of getting my hands dirty in the earth, I somewhat learned how to sail a boat...well maybe not really sail it but just keep it from tipping over. We spent 4 hours on the sometime choppy but beautiful ocean. Perfect day:) and got even better when I saw their house. It is tucked away in nature, a converted chicken coop (make a mental note to buy a chicken coop). The gardens are beautiful!! full of flowers, fruit trees and veggies. For dinner we had homemade pizza...my favorite food!!! Then I set up my little room in the honey shed, my own little cottage. Today we woke up early and began weeding the garden for about 4 hours. My city girl hands have never been so dirty; and I loved it. My grandpa would be so proud. Just this one day has given me even more respect and appreciation for farmers and gardeners. Why aren't they celebrated more in the world. And composting...I love the composting thang, so much less waste with composting, now I know this is common knowledge but wow...hello!!! Anyway homemade bread is waiting for me...and honey, did I mention that he is a beekeeper! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
capitalism, hon, that's why we no longer respect and appreciate farmers. we respect tall buildings and concrete. and, i love the city, don't get me wrong. i'm just sayin'...
ReplyDeletei'm glued to your blog. i love, love, LOVE it. go SERVAS! isn't that org great? i will have to try toe WWOOFing it sometime.
i love you. i raise a glass of white wine to your amazing experience!!!!