







The Photos: My cousin's babies, 777 planes have TVs in Coach!, ever present cats on dumpsters in dahab, children and the Sea, Me in a snowy Atlanta, Momma picked me up from the airport, the lovely healing Red Sea, hurtling piece of tin.
I write this from a hospital in Atlanta where my mother is visiting her boyfriend. He is thankfully feeling better and is due home soon, and "home" well home is the "Active Senior Retirement Community" where my mother also lives, where I am staying now. Yes that is right, I am basically in a retirement home...and let me tell ya, it is very similiar to a college dorm, just more laid back. I have been in Atlanta for about 10 days and her (super chill and sweet) man has been in the hospital the entire time...and while I watch them cuddle and talk about future plans and past adventures I think about life, love and especially time.
Time can be a beautiful thing, my last year was exceptional, a true gift and blessing...infact I have felt that about much of my life. When feeling fear or anxiety I try to remember just how lucky I have been....especially when in a hurtling piece of tin flying through the air at 500 miles per hour...yes I have an irrational fear of flying, and yet fly all the time (27 flights in the last year)I really don't know what my point is, maybe that though I have this fear I still strap myself into those narrow seats willingly and attempt to realize my dream of discovery, curiousity and making those treasured links to places and people near and far away...because it all comes back to time for me, my cousin told me once "life is short but wide" it is a quote on refrigerator magnets, she has one on hers...and well, it is simple but so fitting. The infinite width of life is something I have especially come to treasure lately(and being back with family makes me treasure it all even more...that and the fact that so many friends and family have had babies this year!). Truth be told, I am still in a bit of shock that I am back :)so... I will let everthing marinate for a while, and will likely keep the blog going a bit longer I will also have a Travel Tips post soon, cause I realize that... well, a bit of help never hurts so if anyone has questions or suggestions, email me.
No comments:
Post a Comment