
So I am about to leave for Fiji and am reminiscing about my wonderful time here in NZ....and well I have really loved New Zealand..even getting poisoned by the only poisonous thing here:) Since I was a child I dreamed of visiting New Zealand, ever since I read Island of the Blue Dolphins (which for some reason I got it into my head that the little girl was in New Zealand) I always knew that I would find a special bond with this country for various reasons; and I had imagined myself owning a hostel on a beach somewhere. Who knows, it could still happen. But funny thing is, the more I travel the more I think to myself "why would I want to own anything that didn't move?" So if I end up owning a hostel, it may be a mobile hostel...a mostel; anyway I will blog more from Fiji...where I have heard that the coup can get postponed for a rugby match...folks sure do love their rugby in these parts...actually I am beginning to fancy it...yep i used the word fancy. The dudes in rugby actually appear to be nice to each other and don't seem on a quest to break each other's necks...that appeals to me...and those shorts don't hurt either. Anyway KIA Ora NZ and the very special people that I have met here. Most of the people I have met I have been lucky enough to form a friendship and see them more than once on my travels through this luscious country. I think of Zandra and everyone I met in Te Teko, The Dairy Farm with Kevin and Noeline, and having lunch with Ngahuia today. There are so many special moments and people. I am thankful to all of you.
And as for these pics, they are shots in NZ (the kayak, and the one in the deep blue with dolphins in the distance) and in New Caledonia (the fish and me underwater)...oh except for the rugby photo...which I just think is a helpful visual aid:)
i love the idea of a mostel! i would definitely stay ... would that mean it was a boat?? i love boats and fishing ... those fiji men sure look fine (the ones that come after new zealand).
ReplyDelete